Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Half Asleep and Sick as a Dog

Well, the crud has hit my family but good. As of 4 a.m. this morning my husband and I were up as two of our children were throwing their guts up and my middle daughter was coughing her little lung up. Yes, I know that sentence is full of cliches, however, the cliches sure fit the moment.

I was supposed to start my first day back to substitute teaching today. I just got activated for my district yesterday. But after dealing with sick kids since Saturday, and being up into the wee hours this morning cleaning up vomit, I put in for a "Non-Work Day" today. Today would have been my first day back working, and instead I am sitting around in a t-shirt and old cardigan with a box of tissue nearby, sniffling and feeling weak all over...oh, yeah, did I mention that I think I might have picked up the junk too? Is it awful that I am hoping if I did get it, that I would rather have bathroom issues than have to puke even a teaspoon. I HATE to throw up.

I just hate that I got NO WHERE with NaNoWriMo this year, and I sure wanted to give it a shot. Life got in the way but good. We moved for one thing, and we've been having some pretty heavy life struggles. Not an excuse. Just how it is.

Okay, well, I am going to go take some sinus medicine and maybe get some caffeine. Happy last day of November everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment