Sunday, May 5, 2013

Find Me

Ok...so I'm really not much of a poet. I don't know jack squat about structure and all that. I only strive to find a way to show and evoke some kind of emotion. It's why I love to write. It's why I love to act. Anyway, here's a little something I wrote.

Hope you enjoy it, but it is what it is.


FIND ME  

Find me in the mist.
The light rain and fog and gloom.
Wrap your warmth around me
Hold me tightly, and tell me I’m okay.

Find me in the crowd.
Alone. Surrounded by strangers.
Kiss my cheek. Take my hand.
As the throng dances around us.

Find me on the mountain top.
Standing on the peak.
Take my isolation from me.
Share the view. Keep me company.

Find me in the valley.
Scared and in despair. Needing.
Walk with me. Help me find my way out.
Tell me you’ll never leave.

Find me in the ocean.
Drifting. No. Drowning.
Lift me. Tug me. Save me.
Breathe life into my lungs.

Dear one, just find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment