Thursday, January 20, 2011

Stops and Starts and High Blood Pressure

Well, we are having yet another snow day here in Arkansas. It's beautiful, but it's messing with my mind! I have a lot on my plate. Stuff I really can't afford to put off. However, thanks to the snow and threats of icy roads, we had to cancel our play rehearsal tonight for Little Women. We are also going to push the opening night of the show back a week due to some of the cast not knowing their lines yet. That is good and bad. The good part is that it does give us another week of rehearsals. The bad part is having to change the established schedule. It means the next show will be late getting the set built and dressed for rehearsals. It just throws everyone off. I will admit that I am a bit relieved at the postponement. We just seriously need the extra time. Even though it feels sadly like a defeat. A lost battle in the war we will win on opening weekend when we put on an amazing production.

I get to stay home with my family tonight. I hope that takes some pressure off of my husband. He has had to keep the kids a lot lately between my working and being at the theater. He is a good sport, but he just doesn't need the added responsibility on top of what he is dealing with physically. When I am here, the kids can bring all of their bickering and begging for snacks and all around demanding natures to me and give him a break!!!

So, my plans for the rest of this day and this evening are going to keep me just as busy as if I had went to rehearsal. I am going to do some more work on the script for the play. I think some trimming may be in order. After that, I hope to get a chapter eeked out for my book. Maybe I will get to cuddle with the hubs and watch some TV or a movie or something later. It will be cool to get to kiss my kids goodnight at bedtime.

If you live in the central Arkansas area, I hope you will make your reservations for Little Women soon. We will be performing the first two weeks in February. Doors open at 6:15. Dinner is served at 6:30 with the show starting at 7:30. Please call 501-941-2266 or go to www.cabotcommunitytheatre.org to make reservations!!

When I get further along in my book, I am going to put up a facebook page for the book and start doing as much promoting as I am able for a release in May.

Enjoy your cold January evening...especially if you are blessed enough to be somewhere warm this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment