Thursday, October 21, 2010

Current Ramblings

Wow! I'm trying to think of things to write, but I'm having a hard time thinking of what to write about. It's not that there is nothing going on in my life. It's that there is too much happening in my life right now. A lot of it is deeply personal and not something I would want to share with the world. Hardships that remind me and my husband to keep our trust and faith in Jesus to take care of us. I guess that's about all I will say about that. It is amazing to me how little we really know of the world when we are teenagers or even in our 20's. I feel like I have only recently come to realize how incredibly hard life can be. My childhood was no great walk in the park, but I think what keeps a young person going is that hope that life can be whatever you make it. I still believe that, and I also know that my God sustains me. It is that hope that really keeps us throughout our lives.

 I realize most people have their hard luck stories, but I am convinced there are a lot of other people who have no idea what it is like to really struggle. That's just my opinion. I'm not trying to be negative or a downer. I just think that, for whatever reason, some people fight and claw their way through life, while others live their cushy, middle-class existence and never really understand the world through other people's eyes. Once again, just my opinion.

On to other things. I am directing a community theatre production of Little Women by Peter Clapham (adapted from the Louisa M. Alcott novel). I swing back and forth between being super excited about it and utterly terrified about it. It's the first theatre production I've ever directed. My cast is made up almost totally of young teenagers. And it's a period show full of Victorian furniture, props, and costumes. I just kind of wish my first show could have been something modern.

I think the cast is very good. We are blessed in my town to have a rich talent pool. We just stared rehearsals last week. We have a lot of work to do. I am praying every day for God's help. Like I said, I swing back and forth between excited and terrified.

So, I'm in the stage of doing some pre-writing for NaNoWriMo next month. I want to have a decent outline and very very good idea of where I am going before I write "Chapter One." I'm looking forward to seeing how I do at the free-writing frenzy to churn out page after page (at least 1500 to 1700 words per day), at least 50,000 words by the end of November.

I am also working on a collection of Short Stories that I hope to put on Amazon before the end of the year.

That makes Lisa a pretty busy girl not even counting the fact that I home school my children and am currently looking for a job. I'm so ready for life to be a bit different. I'm working hard to make a change.

So, that is my week so far. Not great, but I'm getting there. I'm learning and trying. What else can we really strive for in life?

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment